×
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Expected to Reunite With Their Royal Family a Year After They Stepped Down as Senior Members

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Expected to Reunite With Their Royal Family a Year After They Stepped Down as Senior Members

The former royal seniors are expected to be in London on June 12 for the Queen's 95th birthday, which coincides with the Trooping the Color ceremony.

After almost a year of being away from the UK, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are set to meet their royal family members in the spring of 2021, according to Pagesix. It will be the first time since they stepped back as senior members of the royal family.

The UK is facing strict lockdowns currently which could get even harsher since the country is facing a record number of coronavirus cases. England’s chief medical officer has warned that the next few weeks can "be the worst weeks" of the pandemic for the NHS, which is already under severe pressure, as per the Independent.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are not planning to visit amid the current health crisis. However, they are expected to attend the Trooping of the Colour, the Queen’s annual birthday parade, on June 12 in London, the Sunday Times reported. The Trooping of the Colour is a military parade held every year and in 2021, it will celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's 95th birthday. If it actually takes place, it will be the first national celebration in the country since the start of the pandemic.



 

In June 2020, the Queen appeared without her family at the event, which had been reduced in scale. "The current plan is for the Queen’s birthday parade to go ahead in London as normal, with the acceptance that it may need to be adapted or scaled back depending on what guidelines are in force at the time," a royal aide told the outlet. "But the aspiration and the ultimate desire is to make it happen."

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle might be seen at the family event in June but until then, they are not going to provide any updates online. They have reportedly quit social media after the hate they received, as per Entertainment Weekly. They don't intend to use social media for their new company Archewell either.



 

In October 2020, Markle said that she has not been on social media in a long time. "I've made a personal choice to not have any account, so I don't know what's out there, and many ways that's helpful for me," she added. "I have a lot of concerns for people that have become obsessed with it. And it is so much a part of our daily culture for so many people that it's an addiction like many others. There are very few things in this world where you call the person who is engaging with it a user."

The couple's exit agreement is also coming into question as it has been a year since they stepped down and performed their last royal task. They had retained their HRH titles but don't introduce themselves with the title anymore. Meghan, 39, and Prince Harry, 36, introduced themselves as "Harry" and "Meghan" in their Spotify podcast debut last month.



 

Since quitting the royal family, they have returned $3 million that was spent on the renovation of their royal residence, Frogmore Cottage, according to Insider. The Queen had gifted it to them in 2019 as their royal residence. While the couple has moved to California, Frogmore Cottage will be their home when they return to the UK. The couple also gave up having access to palace staff when they gave up their titles. They also closed their office in Buckingham Palace.



 

They were also no longer entitled to receive security from the US after leaving their roles. "I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the US however, the US will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!" US President Donald Trump had written on Twitter, from where he's been banned indefinitely after the recent turn of events. However, the couple had never intended to have the US government pay for their security. They had always intended to make private arrangements.

References: 

https://pagesix.com/2021/01/10/prince-harry-markle-to-reunite-with-royals-since-megxit-report/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-uk-update-latest-lockdown-news-live-b1785263.html

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/royals-back-to-balcony-business-in-june-df73zhxjj

https://ew.com/celebrity/prince-harry-meghan-markle-quit-social-media/

https://www.insider.com/royal-privileges-meghan-markle-prince-harry-wont-have-after-megxit-2020-3#

Recommended for you